Thursday, September 8, 2011

Intro to Un-Reality TV

I'd like to welcome you all to my very first blog ever. After much thought and consideration I have decided to make a blog on a topic that I have had much exposure to in both my work life as well as my personal life..."Reality TV".  It seems that today's airwaves are bombarded with these reality TV shows, from the infamous Jersey Shore to Toddlers and Tiaras it seems one cannot change the channel without being inundated with such muck. I say such muck because back in 07 when I graduated from college I entered the TV industry hoping to make an impact with my work and be apart of something special, whether it be in TV News or Sports, or shooting Documentaries, I wanted my work to mean something... Naive and new to the business I soon found out just  how competitive and cut throat the industry really was and before I knew it I had found myself crossing the line into the dingy world of Reality TV. Now I cant say exact details of my experiences due to confidentiality agreements but lets just say I was a far cry away from my initial dream...but hey, you got to pay the bills somehow right?...Throughout the course of my blog I will talk about the social ramifications Reality TV has on our society, specifically our youth and also the negative impacts it has demographically just in our state of NJ alone. I hope my readers will find my opinions interesting and I look forward to to sharing my blog with all of you. I now bid you adieu until my next entry....

VJS

1 comment:

  1. Interesting topic and great title, looking forward to reading more since I'm a big reality fan.

    ReplyDelete