Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Real Reality...

While working in reality TV I always had my own idea of a reality show. My thoughts for a reality TV show would be more of an expose than a dramatic scandalous reality TV program. Having seen all that goes on behind the scenes first hand I always thought it be cool and revealing to have a show that focuses on the show within the show. I would focus the show on probably the most underrated and definitely most underpaid members of Television production in every aspect... the Production Assistant.  Having been a Production Assistant early in my career I know the perils that you can face, often times asked to do the impossible in the most improbable of situations. Many of my experiences as a "PA" sucked, and I think capturing some of those experiences would make for great TV. I know the show would never take flight because it would expose many of the people who think they are the masterminds behind a production as frauds, and also uncover the many un-truths within reality TV.

If I wasn't bound by confidentiality agreements I would be able to go in further detail and really "let the cat out of the bag" but unfortunately I cannot. But having been there trust me when I say that what you see on the screen is NEVER what actually happened. My show would follow PA's during there typical 14 hour day of work on set, and at some point the REALITY of it all will draw the audience in. My peers and I often fantasized of sneaking in a camera to work so people could see what really goes on and how ridiculous it can be, my show would be just like this, except legal... lol

In my opinion a realty show on the behind the scenes happenings of a reality production would make for great TV. Maybe then the raw uncut truth of what really happens would open viewers eyes so they could finally see the crap they watch on TV for what it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment